Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Where is your downloadable updates Maxi...
Where is your downloadable updates MaxiDiag Elite 802?

3754 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: 2013-05-05 22:53:20

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    heno62
    2013-02-07 07:29:30
    How do I update my MaxiDiag Elite 802? Where is your downloadable updates for this?

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    yamaha226

2013-02-19 16:07:27

Download the disk that came with it.It will instal an update icon on your desktop.insert sd card and click update window.instal all available updates there. takes for ever but it works.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-02-28 00:59:29

I strongly suggest you guys who could not find out how to update the tool to read our user manual carefully. It is stated there very clearly step by step.

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    yamaha226

2013-03-14 22:14:30

Reply to 3 floor: The problem is that it doesnt really tell you that when it asks you for a passwod that you have to locate it on the scanner itself.I tried for 3 days to figure it out and was trying to create my own password. That is why everyone is having a problem getting the tool and pc suite up and running.If you dont know where the password is on the scanner you are lost.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-03-15 01:19:21

to 4 floor: that is why i suggest you to read the manual carefully. .... For example, in the page 64, 8.1 register the tool, there is a note which says very clearly where to find the serial number and password........check it.

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    yamaha226

2013-03-18 00:05:00

Reply to 5 floor: It happens to be on page 60 in my book and it is very confusing.Maybe on the screen beside where it asks for password there could be a step by step on how to find password. Im sure alot of people try to create their own password and after about 10 times of gettin a wrong password message are cluless.I can figure any device i ever use. but had a hell of a time trying to register my tool.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-03-18 04:34:12

to 6 floor: Ok, we will try to make this registration more clearly in our user's manual.

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    Dazza

2013-05-02 05:20:20

Reply to 7 floor: "Support"" re the user manual , this is my suggestion. After the introduction the first chapter should be ÜSER Setup- with a subtitle "Please read carefully" Sub sub title- Prior to use please take time to setup your scanner via the following steps. 1/ You must power up you scanner either by connecting via a usb to a PC, or connecting to a vehicle or via the OBD diagnostic plug, or via a 12 V connector. 2/ Navagate to the help screen and write down the SN and password number. 3/ go on the internet to Maxdas.com and Register 4/ Load CD program and save to PC. 5/ load SD card to PC 6/ Start update program and check for updates. The information is ALL in the current user manual- but the problem it's not at the start of the manual and a bit disjointed. Consider an edit and like any good manual- place the startup info at the start.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-05-03 00:51:01

Thanks for your suggestion. But do you think the way you show in the start-up is too much and would scare our potential customers away? ....... Actually you don't have to do the update to start your work, only when it is necessary you will turn to update for newer versions...........We would like our customers to know our tools are "plug and go" .

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    robc978

2013-05-04 15:58:21

Reply to 9 floor: i have a problem tryin to update my 802. I have already register the scan tool and when i try to sign on with the the update icon. it signs in and then says error, no updates are detected for this particular update and at the top of the screen it says login failed please check acount name and password and try again. It seems like a log in error but its not. when i tried a different login name it password it will tell me incorrect right away.Whem i normally log in No updates pop up but it show files in the installed program folder. I need some help please. Thanks
  Total2 Pages